Welcome and welcome back Northside Families!
On behalf of the entire faculty and staff, I hope you enjoyed a restful and relaxing summer! As I begin my second year at Northside, I am looking forward to seeing you on the first day of school on Wednesday, July 25th. Over the past few weeks , we have had hours of good discussion about how staff and families can work together to ensure that our students are receiving an education that helps them to reach their full potential. We are very excited to launch the 2018-2019 school year with our talented and dedicated teaching staff and your ongoing support and partnership.
Below please find some important notes and reminders about the start of the school year. Thank you in advance for your attention to the many details.
- Open House will be held on Tuesday July 24th 4:00 – 6-00 p.m. Please come out and take this opportunity to meet your child’s teachers.
- The first day of school is Wednesday July 25th. Please make sure your student in on time and ready to begin instruction promptly at 8:15 a.m.
- Morning Procedures: Doors open for breakfast at 7:45; school begins at 8:15 AM. IN order to ensure a productive start to the day and maximize learning time, please make sure your students are here on time
- Students in Grades K through 5 will report directly to the cafeteria where they will be greeted by teachers and teacher assistants each day. Students will be served breakfast upon their arrival. We ask that all students who plan to eat breakfast at 7:45. Breakfast will be served until 8:05 AM. Classroom instruction will begin at 8:15.
- Pre-K families will continue to walk their students to the Pre-K classroom. Teachers and teacher assistants will take the students to the cafeteria for breakfast.
- Students in Grades 6 through 8 will be served breakfast upon their arrival. We ask that all student who plan to eat breakfast arrive at 7:45. Breakfast will be served until 8:00. They will then report to their homeroom teachers at 8:00. First period will begin at 8:15.
- Late students: Students in all grades K-5 that arrive after 8:15 will receive a late pass and be marked late by their homeroom teacher.
*Reminder: Students may not be dropped off before 7:45 due to a lack of supervision.
- Afternoon procedures: School is dismissed at 3:15 each day, with periodic early 12:30 PM early dismissal days.
- Car Riders are dismissed at 3:10 and walked to car lot by designated teacher by grade level.
- Bus riders are dismissed at 3:15 and walked to buses by their teachers.